I recently decided to challenge myself to branch out into some new colours (shock!). So I ordered SU brights collection of A4Cardstock and 3 new colours for my collection – Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight. That was a couple of weeks ago, and they sat on my desk unopened. But yesterday was a friend’s birthday and I knew she liked these colours so I took the opportunity to make a set of cards with matching envelopes, a little box to store them in and a matching tag.
First up, the card. I started with a 4 x4 base of whisper white CS. I had a few scraps of retired Pink Flamingo DSP sitting on my desk that was crying out to be used. So that is the spotty strip. the colours aren’t exact matches, but I think they work.
The 5 petal flower embellishment I made with my cricut, using SCAL2 and Inkscape. I was super excited about this because it’s the first SVG file I have made from scratch and am happy with. I cut it from a deep purple Bazzill cardstock (instead of Rich Razzleberry – I just liked the depth a bit better). I layered that with a Melon Mambo scallop circle and then a 1 1/2″ whisper white circle stamped with Just for you from Hostess set Afterthoughts, in Rich Razzleberry. The little butterfly is from the SAB set So happy for you.
From this angle can you see the glitter stripe? This idea I got from PTI Make it Monday challenge. So easy and effective. You just place a strip of double sided tape on the page, remove the backing, sprinkle over the glitter and shake off the excess. It gives such a precise line – I love it!
Inside the cards I stamped the butterfly again, with the little flower from the same set in Melon Mambo (twice full colour the third a second stamp without reinking)
The matching envelopes I made by cutting down a C6 envelope and wrapping a piece of cardstock from the front to the back to make a flap. The cardstock is whisper white stamped with PTI Polka Dots II background basics in Melon Mambo (I ran out of the DSP I was using, this worked out well). The little butterfly/flower combo in the corner and the glitter stripe across the top to tie it all in together.
For the tag I used a left over rectangle of whisper white, rounded off the corners, punched a hole at the top with my crop-a-dile and threaded through some yarn. I adhered a strip of the melon mambo spot cardstock and trimmed it to a banner end. I punched out a deep purple scallop circle and used another just for you white circle on top. Just a little different from the card embelly but co-ordinating still.
The bag they all went in is one I’ve made before (see this post) I just made it slightly bigger to accomodate the larger cards. If you’d like the measurements just shoot me an email, I’m happy to share!
I think something similar to this might make a great card class sometime soon!